Campus Resources

NEW: instructions on how to change your CUNYFirst email

Student Directions for Updating Email Addresses for BCCentral and CUNYfirst

Campus Health Resources

If you are feeling overly stressed at any point (which these days may be something of a hilarious understatement), please visit the Personal Counseling Services Center.

Their hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30 am – 6:30 pm, and Tuesday and Friday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm. They are located in 0203 James Hall; their phone number is 718-951-5363, and their email is


I am also always happy to talk with you about anything that is impeding your well-being, learning, or academic success.


You can also visit the Health Clinic for a more physical injury or illness. They are located in 114 Roosevelt Hall, the Health Clinic provides an inviting and respectful environment, and they currently offer telehealth and in person appointments. You can email or leave a message at 718 951-5580 with your full name and phone number.


Here is a comprehensive list of student services (the above offices and many more, including childcare, pantry, and the speech center).


Safety from Sexual Violence & Harassment

Violence and harassment based on sex and gender are civil rights offenses. Like racist or anti-immigrant violence, these offenses function to make everyone identified with a particular group (women, LGBTQ people, etc.) feel unsafe and unwelcome. If you or someone you know has been harassed or assaulted, you can find help and information on the College’s website

You can contact, Anthony Brown, the Chief Diversity Officer, at 718.951.5000, ext. 3350; Ivana Bologna, the Title IX Coordinator, at 718.951.5000, ext. 6468; Ron Jackson, Vice President for Student Affairs / Dean of Students and Chief Student Affairs Officer, 718.951.5000, ext. 5352.

Title IX is a set of educational civil rights laws passed in 1972 that cover sexual violence and gender-based violence.


You can also seek help from outside groups like End Rape on Campus or Know Your IX.

Student Rights & Accommodations

Disabled students/students with disabilities are entitled to official college accommodations, and you can consult with the Center for Student Disability Services for documentation and support, as well as let me know what SSSP has recommended.

I am also very open to working with you to make the course requirements more accessible to you if there’s a gap (I try to anticipate them, but I don’t always succeed).

As an educator, I fully support the rights of undocumented students and immigrant students to an education and to live free from the fear of deportation. If you have any concerns in that regard and you feel comfortable discussing them with me, I will respect your wishes concerning confidentiality.

Furthermore, I am committed to resisting any and all attacks on students who are a member of a marginalized community or identity. My virtual door is always open to lend an ear and help you form an action plan — please email me and we can talk.