Here’s a guide for posting to the course site.
- Log into the CUNY Commons.
- Once you’ve logged in, hover your mouse over the menu item that says the name of the course page, and then click “Dashboard”:
- Once you’re on the back end of the site, go to Posts –> Add New:
- Important: Don’t forget to select the category for your group when you’ve finished writing your post!
Pro Tip: It’s a good idea to write your post in a Word document and to copy / paste it into the blog, because sometimes WordPress doesn’t save drafts. If you do this, you might have weird formatting issues. To resolve those, do the following, but note that if your post has hyperlinks in it, this will deactivate them:
- Go to Edit –> Select all
- Once your text is selected, click the “Clear Formatting” eraser on the text editor menu:
- You’re ready to submit your post! You can push the green “Publish” button on the right-hand side of the page: